South Wisconsin District Financial Aid Guidelines
Who may apply for financial assistance?
Members of congregations of the South Wisconsin District of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod preparing for full-time* church work in the LCMS are eligible to receive financial assistance from the South Wisconsin District. * Full-time service is defined as any position available through the Board of Assignments of the Synod.
How to apply for financial assistance (deadline: May 15)
- Complete the District financial aid form and return it to your college/seminary and request that pertinent information be forwarded to the South Wisconsin District student aid & recruitment BY MAY 15 OF EACH YEAR.
- Complete the South Wisconsin District personal aid application form for church worker assistance and return BY MAY 15 OF EACH YEAR to: Student Aid & Recruitment, South Wisconsin District, 8100 W. Capitol Dr., Milwaukee, WI 53222-1920.
- It is each student’s responsibility to see that his or her forms are completed and returned by the May 15 deadline. Students should double check with pastors and financial aid officers to see that all forms are returned in time. The District will inform you concerning the financial assistance action taken.
Financial assistance policies
- Applicants for District financial assistance should have applied for assistance from their home congregation.
- Financial aid requests must be submitted each year to the school and the District.
- The amount of assistance will be determined by the Student Aid & Recruitment Committee on the basis of the information received and resources available.
- Monies granted for financial assistance will be forwarded to the school where the student is enrolled, to be applied to the student’s account.
- A student receiving financial aid is expected to lead a Christian life and to be faithful in their studies, maintaining a C average (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) or above. All students receiving financial assistance are expected to complete a minimum of two (2) years of full-time service in the church upon graduation (as assigned though the Synod’s placement committee and the normal call process). If this minimum service is not completed, the student shall repay all financial assistance monies granted by the South Wisconsin District.
For questions, contact Robin Mueller at (414) 292-0741 or (800) 793-3678.
Seven scholarships, each in the amount of $1,000, will be awarded to seven graduating high school seniors or current full-time post-secondary students at an accredited institution with at least one year of courses remaining. Candidates must also be members of a congregation belonging to The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod located in one of the following LCMS districts: Iowa East, Iowa West, Minnesota North, Minnesota South, North Dakota, North Wisconsin or South Wisconsin.
Click here for more scholarship information
Utilizing the proceeds from its Female Churchworker Scholarship Fund, the SWD Lutheran Women’s Missionary League each year gives several scholarships to women who are enrolled at LCMS colleges and universities and studying to be full-time church workers (teachers, DCEs, deaconesses or lay ministers—any position available through the LCMS Board of Assignments). Application form download.
Siebert Lutheran Foundation Grants
Instructions for seminary students – tuition aid and financial aid form – Siebert Seminary Student Aid