2019/2020 – A Place of Refuge
A Place of Refuge is a Gospel-focused service reaching out to women with the love of Christ with both words and actions.
A Place of Refuge Ministries is a network of volunteers who are committed to life and to caring for women facing crisis pregnancy in South Wisconsin. Through our Advocacy Program our volunteers:
- REACH women with needs during pregnancy. Telephone hotline volunteers identify the callers’ needs and
- RECEIVE them into God’s care through His people. Volunteer Advocates then work one on one with mothers and…
- REFER them to community resources available for their physical and emotional care…and congregations throughout South Wisconsin…
- RESPOND by providing what is not available in the community, and by sharing God’s love for us in His Son Jesus Christ. And every day we…
- REJOICE in the opportunity to share the gospel and share in the joy of a baby born.
Please send your contributions, along with the Hearts for Jesus Voucher to the District office, attn: School Ministry.
Make checks payable to: South Wisconsin District. Note that the check is for Hearts for Jesus.
2018-19 – Milwaukee County House of Correction – $3,775.57
2016-17 – Lutheran Special School and Education Services – $3,127.48
2015-16 – SOS Center – $3,295.12
2014-15 – CPTLN – $2,760.15
2012-13 – Dominican Republic – Concordia Lutheran School,
Palmar Arriba – $10,314.27
2011-12 – House of Correction, Milwaukee – $1,043.68
2010-11 – Lutheran Malaria Initiative – $2,598.15
2009-10 – Dominican Republic – $2,034.86
2008-09 – Lutheran Special School and Education Services – $3,363.70
2007-08 – Babes for Babies in Bulgaria – $5,318.36
2006-07 – Ghana Deaf Mission – $5,688.93
2005-06 – Lutheran Blind Mission – $3,506.03
2004-05 – Say Iowa to Nuba – $3,145.69