- Lutheran schools superintendent assists congregations that are operating Lutheran schools with staffing, call lists, accreditation, visits, state and federal advocacy, research, consultation and professional growth for teachers.
- Early childhood education aids congregations start early childhood ministries and bring Christ to little children with consultation, materials conferences, pastoral enrichment and professional growth for teachers.
- Genesis is a resource to assist congregations in starting Lutheran elementary and secondary schools consisting of a one-day consultation and a feasibility study. Contact the District superintendent of schools for more information.
- Lutheran School Consulting Services (formerly SSAC) – Provides diagnostic services designed to strengthen and re-vitalize Lutheran elementary schools that are experiencing problems or wishing to go to the next level in ministry so that the mission of sharing Christ with children and their families can be more effectively accomplished in that place.
- Staff development provides seminars and conferences for professional church workers.
- Student aid and recruitment supports men and women in their calling to serve as full-time church work students who have unmet financial needs during their years of study in our Concordia system. Recruitment of full-time church workers improves with congregational and leadership mentoring and support during years of study.
National Lutheran Schools Week
2020 – January 26-February 1
2021 – January 24-30
2022 – January 23-29 – LCMS National Youth Gathering Theme TBD
2019/2020 Educators of the Year
Administrator – Nicole Janisse, St. John’s ECC, West Bend
High School – Linda Koebert, Milwaukee Lutheran High School
Elementary – Robin Roeske, First Immanuel, Cedarburg
Early Childhood – Katelyn Cody, St. Paul, Grafton
Pictured from left: Dr. Chris Cody, SWD Education Executive, Katelyn Cody, Nicole Janisse, Linda Koebert, Robin Roeske
Friday, August 7, 2020 Presenter: Angel Stoddard Join us for a morning filled with innovative ideas and inspiration from the talented Angel Stoddard. Ideas for virtual learning as well as social emotional learning will be introduced. Cost: $25 – Zoom (registrants will receive a link) Schedule: 8:30 am – Registration/welcome/prayer 8:45 – 10:15 – Learning […]
August 21, 2020 November 6, 2020 February 5, 2021 Martin Luther High School 5201 S. 76th St. Greendale PRESENTERS Mike Lee, Elite Performance Coach – August Dr. Sharroky Hollie – November and February SESSION DESCRIPTIONS August – “Leading, Learning, and Growing in Challenging Times: Handling Adversity and Building Resilience with Mindfulness and Emotional Intelligence” November […]
CANCELLED Saturday, May 9 Lutheran Schools Night at Miller Park! Milwaukee Brewers vs. Arizona Diamondbacks 6:10 pm Tickets – $22 – Loge Outfield Check with your church or school to see if they are placing a group ticket order. Group ticket orders need to be placed online by Friday, April 24. _________________________________________ General Information for Schools and […]
CLECT – Certificate of Lutheran Early Childhood Teaching September 21, 2019 and March 28, 2020 9 AM – 4 PM South Wisconsin District 8100 W. Capitol Dr. Milwaukee, WI 53222 WHO Early childhood educators (infant to grade 3) serving in LCMS early childhood centers or schools that are looking to learn more about LCMS beliefs […]
August 16, 2019 ♦ November 1, 2019 ♦ February 7, 2020 Martin Luther High School 5201 S. 76th St. Greenfield Cost: $60 – includes all three dates and materials August 16 – ACES – Speaker: Sara Daniel, Saint Aemilians 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (no lunch) Schedule Title: Trauma Informed Schools This training is an introduction […]
Jacob Kohlmeier, a senior at Milwaukee Lutheran High School, son of James and Laura Kohlmeier, has won the 9-12 grade division essay contest for Lutherans For Life of Wisconsin. Jacob wrote about why Christians should respond to the sanctity of life which is under attack across the world today. He said, “The Lord has ordained […]