August 16, 2019 ♦ November 1, 2019 ♦ February 7, 2020
Martin Luther High School
5201 S. 76th St.
Cost: $60 – includes all three dates and materials
August 16 – ACES – Speaker: Sara Daniel, Saint Aemilians
8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (no lunch)
Title: Trauma Informed Schools
This training is an introduction to the model of trauma informed care that Saint Aemilians has developed over the past seven years and has implemented across a variety of school environments.
Participants who attend this training will be able to:
- Describe the prevalence of adverse experiences and the scope of their impact.
- Define and respond to behavior from a trauma informed perspective.
- Describe how trauma affects the brain and influences development, behavior and learning.
- Identify factors that enhance the capacity for positive relationship for students who have adverse experiences.
- Describe how purpose, belonging and safety enhance client well-being.
- Identify techniques that enhance caregiver capacity and connect them to client outcomes.
- Identify action steps to create a trauma sensitive school environment for all students.
November 1 – PBIS – Speaker: Dr. Fred Johnson, Ed. Resources Services
Title: Proactive Discipline for Reactive Students
This seminar is designed to assist staff to differentiate between typical and atypical student behavior patterns and to establish practical proactive discipline strategies that incorporate Restorative Discipline Practices and PBIS. Participants will also learn how to implement classroom plans that utilizes the RTI 3-Tier Model and meets “Best Practices in Classroom Management”.
February 7, 2020 – ALERT – Speaker: Brad Spicer, Safe Plans
AlerT (Assess, lockdown, evade, resist, Tell) Active Threat Defense training. Our training program will focus on Threat Assessment, Active Shooter Defense and Response, as well as address the need for All-Hazards preparedness.
Deadline to register is August 7.