Choral Vespers celebrating the
500th Anniversary of the Reformation and the
170th anniversary of Trinity Ev. Lutheran Church, U.A.C.
October 22, 2017, 3:00 PM
Organist & Choir Director: Dr. John Behnke, Trinity Ev. Lutheran Church
Choir: The Trinity Choir and nearly 100 members of church choirs from throughout the LC-MS South Wisconsin District singing choral selections that will include several new arrangements written especially for this service.
Preacher: Pastor Hunter Hofmann, Trinity Ev. Lutheran Church
Liturgist: Rev. Dr. John C. Wille, South Wisconsin District President, Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
Trinity Ev. Lutheran Church, U.A.C. was founded in 1847. The current church building was constructed in 1878 and is both a State Historic Landmark and on the National Register of Historic Places. The organ was built by the William Schuelke Company of Milwaukee in 1879 and is itself on the National Historic Register.
“Music at Historic Trinity” offers resources and opportunities to present and enjoy God’s gift of music in Trinity’s magnificent 1878 sanctuary.