- Lutheran schools superintendent assists congregations that are operating Lutheran schools with staffing, call lists, accreditation, visits, state and federal advocacy, research, consultation and professional growth for teachers.
- Early childhood education aids congregations start early childhood ministries and bring Christ to little children with consultation, materials conferences, pastoral enrichment and professional growth for teachers.
- Genesis is a resource to assist congregations in starting Lutheran elementary and secondary schools consisting of a one-day consultation and a feasibility study. Contact the District superintendent of schools for more information.
- Lutheran School Consulting Services (formerly SSAC) – Provides diagnostic services designed to strengthen and re-vitalize Lutheran elementary schools that are experiencing problems or wishing to go to the next level in ministry so that the mission of sharing Christ with children and their families can be more effectively accomplished in that place.
- Staff development provides seminars and conferences for professional church workers.
- Student aid and recruitment supports men and women in their calling to serve as full-time church work students who have unmet financial needs during their years of study in our Concordia system. Recruitment of full-time church workers improves with congregational and leadership mentoring and support during years of study.
National Lutheran Schools Week
2018 – January 21-27 – It’s Still All About Jesus!
2019 – January 27-February 2 – LCMS National Youth Gathering Theme TBD
2020 – January 26-February 1
2021 – January 24-30
2022 – January 23-29 – LCMS National Youth Gathering Theme TBD
WCRIS Announces First-Ever Private School Teacher of the Year
Wisconsin’s first-ever Private School Teacher of the Year was announced in a surprise student assembly at Hales Corners Lutheran School yesterday, leaving veteran teacher Jana Horn nearly speechless with delight from the honor.
In addition to being surprised by the presence of her husband and daughter, Jana was presented with a WCRIS plaque and an unrestricted award of $3,000 from the Herb Kohl Educational Foundation.
Jana was selected from among the pool of 14 WCRIS 2016 Kohl Teacher Fellowship winners. An independent, state-wide panel reviewed the 14 winners’ applications to identify the recipient of this new award.