Tax Workshop for Rostered Church Workers
Thursday, August 17
8100 W. Capitol Dr.
- What are the tax implications for being a Called worker in the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod?
- Do your Call papers talk about a housing allowance?
- What is the self-employment tax?
- Are you confused about how and when to file your taxes?
Jason Rose, a Registered Tax Return Preparer and Investment Advisor Representative, will walk you through all of the basics of church worker taxes, including the housing allowance and self-employment taxes.
Registration for this event will be limited to 75 people. Priority will be given to first year rostered teachers and pastors.
5:00 p.m. Dinner
5:30 – 6:45 p.m. Tax Workshop presented by Jason Rose
6:45 – 7:30 p.m. Questions
First year rostered teachers/spouses and pastors/spouses– FREE
All Others – $10 per attendee
Wisconsin State Youth Gathering
November 3-5, 2017
Kalahari Resort and Convention Center
Everyone needs a hero. And yet, the older we get the more we realize that heroes aren’t supernatural. The best hero stories are those of ordinary people doing extra-ordinary things. Scripture is filled with accounts like these. David, Esther, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. These accounts aren’t random. They aren’t disconnected. They are part of a single narrative in which every hero points beyond itself to one who is greater, one who is better, one who is true. “HERO” will lead participants on an action filled journey that reveals the greatest, better, truest hero of all- Jesus. Jesus, our hero who comes to save.
Theme Verse: Hebrew 1:1-4
Who: High school age youth
Registration: $90 per person
Friday Night – $139
Saturday Night – $149
Online registration will be available in August.
- Speakers from the NYG
- Candlelight worship at Trinity Lutheran Church, WI Dells
- Lock-in at the Kalahari waterpark on Saturday evening
- Sunday morning youth group Bible studies
Questions? Contact Robin Mueller or Chris Cody